Baked Green Bean Fries
Yields 8 servings. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
2 pounds fresh green beans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup panko or regular bread crumbs, finely crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with racks.
3. Fill a pot with enough water to cover the beans and bring to a boil; cook beans about 2 minutes.
4. Quickly drain the beans, then dunk them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
5. Drain again and dry the beans on paper towels.
6. Put flour in a shallow bowl and add seasonings.
7. Beat egg and milk in a separate shallow bowl.
8. In a third bowl, place bread crumbs.
9. Dredge the beans in flour, egg, then bread crumbs, until they are all coated, placing them on the racks as you go.
10. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned.