Petite Peach Cobbler
Makes 6 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar, divided
½ cup water
3 tablespoons butter, divided, softened
3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a small sauce pan, whisk together cornstarch and ¾ cup of the sugar. Add water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Add 1 tablespoon butter and stir until melted.
4. Place peach slices in a small baking or casserole dish, about 1-quart size.
5. Pour the syrup mixture over the peaches.
6. In a mixer, cream the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with flour, remaining ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk.
7. Spoon the crust mixture over the peaches.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve warm with or without ice cream.