Almond Sundae With Sweet Cream Ice Cream
Serves 4. Recipe is from “Five Seasons: A Guide to Seasonal Cooking” by Erin Nugent and Lauren Beth Landry.
Sweet Cream Ice Cream (see recipe)
Toasted Almonds (see recipe)
4 tablespoons coffee liqueur
1. Place 2 scoops of ice cream into each serving glass.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds and 1 tablespoon of coffee liqueur over each glass of ice cream. Serve immediately.
For Sweet Cream Ice Cream
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup sugar
1. Combine milk, heavy cream and sugar in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend on medium speed until sugar is dissolved. Transfer ice cream base to an ice cream maker. Turn on ice cream maker and let churn until thickened, about 20 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and place in freezer for at least 2 hours, or until ice cream reaches desired consistency.
For Toasted Almonds
½ cup sliced almonds
1. In a small skillet, toast sliced almonds over medium-low heat until sightly golden, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside until cool.