Sugared Hot Dogs
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
1 package of 10 all beef franks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup light soy sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Put hot dogs into slow cooker.
2. Cook butter and onion on stove top over medium heat until onions are slightly limp.
3. Mix together brown sugar, soy and Worcestershire sauces.
4. Add lightly cooked onions and sugar/sauce mixture to hot dogs in slow cooker.
5. Cook on Low for 2 hours. Stir and cook an additional hour, if needed. Serve in hot dog buns.