Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Makes 3 pancakes. Recipe is by Katherine Gividen.
3 tablespoons cinnamon baking chips
1 tablespoon ground walnuts
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ tablespoon “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” Spray
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 heaping teaspoon Nestle dry whole milk
½ cup Hungry Jack Complete Extra Light and Fluffy Pancake Waffle Mix
½ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Write on zip-top snack bag: “Add ½ tablespoon butter” Place cinnamon chips, walnuts and brown sugar in bag. Write on another zip-top snack bag, “Icing: Add 1 tablespoon water.” Place sugar and milk powder in bag. On a third bag write “Pancakes: Add ¼ cup water.” Place pancake mix, sugar and cinnamon in bag. Place topping and icing bag in pancake bag and seal.
On the trail:
1. Add “butter” to bag with cinnamon chips. Shake bag to mix ingredients, set aside.
2. Add water to icing bag. Knead bag to mix ingredients, set aside. Heat lightly greased fry pan.
3. Add water to pancake bag; shake until contents are moistened. There should still be lumps. Pour batter in fry pan. When batter is full of bubbles and edges begin to dry, flip. Brown other side.
4. Spread cinnamon topping on warm pancake and drizzle with icing.