Serves 8. Recipe is from Pioneer Brand Baking Mix.
3 cups buttermilk baking mix
1 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
¼ cup basil leaves, fresh, chopped (Or 2 tsps. dried basil)
1 cup milk
3 tbls. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl, stir together baking mix, cheese, basil and milk to form a ball.
3. Turn out onto surface with additional baking mix; knead 8 to 10 times.
4. Roll out to ½-inch thickness. Cut into star or round shapes with cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with butter.
5. Bake at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.