Easy Ciabatta Bread
3 cups bread flour, sifted
1 tsp. coarse salt
1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1½ cups cool water (55-65 F)
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, yeast and water until fully combined. Cover and rest overnight, at least 12 hours and up to 18 hours.
2. When dough has risen, sprinkle flour over a clean surface and turn dough ball onto surface. Knead ball lightly until just covered with flour and dry to the touch. (Do not over-knead). Return dough to bowl, cover and rest for two more hours.
3. Preheat oven to 475 F and place cast-iron pot in oven. Preheat pot for 30 minutes.
4. Remove pot and uncover. (Be careful. It will be very hot.) Transfer dough to pot. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove bread from oven and uncover pot. Bread should be golden brown and almost done. Return bread to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 10 to 12 minutes. When bread is desired color of brown, remove from stove and transfer bread to a cutting board, resting for 10 minutes before slicing.