Tomato Bacon Quiche
Serves 6. Recipe is from Pillsbury. For advance preparation, pre-bake pie crust, fry the bacon and have chopped onions and tomatoes in separate sealable plastic bags.
1 frozen deep dish pie crust
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 medium green onions, chopped
3 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 cup half-and-half
2 tbls. flour
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese
1. Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove crust from freezer; let stand 1 or 2 minutes. Prick crust with fork. Bake on cookie sheet 9-11 minutes or until very light golden brown.
2. Sprinkle cooked bacon, green onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper in crust.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, flour and eggs. Stir in cheeses. Pour over tomato mixture.
4. In preheated 375 F oven, bake quiche on cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. If crust gets too dark, cover loosely with sheet of foil.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your choice of fresh fruit.