TACO PASTA CASSEROLE
Serves 8. Recipe is from Betty Price.
1 lb. ground beef
1 (1.5-oz.) packet taco seasoning mix
1 tbl. butter or olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 (12-oz.) box shell pasta
2 (14.5-oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (11-oz.) jar chunky salsa
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. In large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain off excess liquid.
2. Add taco seasoning, blend and set aside.
3. Sauté onions and pepper in butter or olive oil until tender, then stir into the cooked meat. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
4. Mix meat mixture, cooked pasta, tomatoes, salsa and half of the grated cheese together. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish which has been sprayed with nonfat cooking spray.
5. Top with remaining cheese and bake in preheated 375?F oven for about 25-30 minutes or until heated well.