Baked Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Makes 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
4 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Wash and thinly slice the sweet potatoes but not completely through. Tip: Place a wooden spoon or spatula handle next to the potato to keep your knife from going all the way through the potato.
3. Place the potatoes in a greased glass baking pan or roasting pan.
4. Melt oil and butter together in a small saucepan.
5. Pour the melted oil and butter mixture over the potatoes and brush to coat.
6. Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic. Sprinkle with rosemary.
7. Bake 30 minutes, covered. Remove cover and baste potatoes with melted butter from the pan. Bake an additional 10 minutes, uncovered. Baste once
more and serve immediately.