Pizza Spaghetti Squash
Serves 4. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
2 to 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into small cubes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon basil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
1 (8-ounce) package fiesta mix cheeses
1. Put pork, Italian seasoning, basil, onion, bell pepper and pizza sauce into slow cooker.
2. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Just before taking sauce out of slow cooker, cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds and excess pulp.
4. Place squash halves in a glass baking dish with fleshy side down and pour in enough water to cover ¼ to ½ of the squash. Place in microwave.
5. Cook for at least 10 minutes and test if done with a fork. If fleshy inside yields easily to fork, remove from microwave. Cook for another minute or two if needed.
6. Shred the fleshy squash interior with a fork, raking across until it resembles noodles. Add filling to squash halves or remove squash “noodles” and add filling in a bowl or platter. Sprinkle cheese over all.