Pineapple Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
Recipe is provided by IMUSA.
1 tablespoon ice water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (20-ounce) can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl or cup add ice water and cornstarch and mix until fully dissolved. Set aside.
2. Remove juice from canned pineapple, about ¾ cup, and place in a small saucepan. Reserve pineapple chunks for other use.
3. Add vinegar, sugar and salt to saucepan and heat on medium high, whisking frequently.
4. Once simmering, drizzle in cornstarch mixture and whisk briskly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and pour dipping sauce in a bowl.
5. Steam vegetables of choice for 4-5 minutes. Remove immediately and serve with sweet and sour dipping sauce.