Chocolate Fudge With Gold Dust Splash
Makes 24 servings. Recipe is from Baker’s Chocolate. If you don’t like dark fudge, substitute 1 or 2 ounces German’s sweet chocolate for some of the semisweet. Be careful to not overheat the chocolate in the microwave. Most of the time, I use pecans in place of the walnuts.
2 (8-ounce) packages Baker’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Edible super gold luster dust (from cake decorating section; I purchased mine at Party Time), optional
Small paint Brush, optional
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Set aside.
2. Microwave chocolate and milk in a large microwavable bowl on High for 2-3 minutes OR until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Don’t overheat.
3. Blend in vanilla and stir in nuts.
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
5. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Lift fudge from pan, using foil handles. Cut into 48 pieces. (I cut mine in roughly ¾-inch squares)
6. If desired, dip small, dry paint brush in gold dust and brush it across the top of each piece of candy.