Whole Pickled Eggs
Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
6-8 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
6 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
1 small onion, halved and cut into ¼-inch thick strips
2 tablespoons pickling spices (tied in cheesecloth, if desired)
Beet liquid (if desired for color)
1. Sterilize 1-quart jar and lid. Set aside.
2. Place peeled, whole eggs in jar and set aside.
3. In medium saucepan, simmer vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, onion and pickling spices for 10 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
4. Remove cheesecloth bag of pickling spices.
5. Pour liquid through a strainer, into jar over the eggs.
6. Layer onions and garlic over the top if desired. Add beet liquid if desired for color. Seal, cool then keep refrigerated.