Tuna Stuffed Peppers
Serves 6. Recipe is from StarKist.
1 (11-ounce) pouch chunk light tuna in water
6 bell peppers, red and green
1 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1?2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
11?4 cups cooked brown rice
Salt and pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut tops (1?3) off the peppers and clean out the interiors. Cut the stem from the top of the pepper (discard the stem) and cut the remaining pepper from the top into small dices.
3. Reserve the bottom 2?3 of each pepper for stuffing.
4. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic and diced pepper and cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Add oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, tuna and rice. Mix to blend well.
5. Stuff peppers with mixture. Place in 8-inch-by-8-inch square baking dish.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 5 additional minutes to melt the cheese.