Makes 10-12 small servings in minicups or glasses. Recipe is by Corinne Cook, who says, “Measurements are determined by the size of your container so you don’t have to be exact in the number of cookies or garnish.”
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (8-ounce) cartons mascarpone cheese
4 tablespoons Kahlúa (coffee liqueur)
1 (9-ounce) package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies or 7.5-ounce bag Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies, very coarsely broken
Garnish if desired: 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder and 1½ tablespoons powdered sugar sifted together, or strawberry slices, raspberries, or shaved Hershey bar or shaved semisweet baking chocolate bar
10 to 12 small containers (glasses, cups or small bowls)
1. In medium bowl whisk condensed milk and mascarpone cheese together until well blended. Set aside.
2. Measure Kahlúa in small bowl and set aside.
3. Place just a few crumbled cookies in bottom of serving container.
4. Using a small spoon, drizzle the cookies lightly with Kahlúa. Pipe a dollop of the whipped cheese mixture over the cookie base. Repeat layering with cookies, Kahlúa and cream.
5. Garnish top with light sprinkle of cocoa and powdered sugar mixture, berry or shaved chocolate. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.