Makes about 48 cookies. Adapted by Dianne Gaines from Quaker Oats recipe.
1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt, optional
3 cups uncooked oats (quick or old-fashioned)
1 cup Craisins
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup shredded coconut
1. Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt (if using); mix well.
4. Add oats and Craisins, mix well. Add pecans and coconut, mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.