1/2 large Ruby Red grapefruit, juiced, OR 3/4 cup Ruby Red grapefruit juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbls. freshly chopped basil leaves
1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme leaves
1-1/2 tsps. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
2 cups water
1/2 lb. French green beans
20 small pearl red onions
6 medium golden beets, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick
2 ozs. farm goat cheese
1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill.
2. In small bowl, whisk grapefruit juice and olive oil together with basil, thyme, salt and pepper until emulsified.
3. In a 2-quart saucepan, bring 3 inches of cold water to boil. Once boiling, add green beans to pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bright green. Drain beans and place in large bowl, filled with ice and water. Once cooled, remove beans and place on a paper towel to drain.
4. Place onions in vegetable grill pan over direct heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool.
5. Grill beets for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat, or until they have softened and have grill marks. Remove beets and place in a large bowl. Once cool, cut beets in half. 6. Combine beans, onions, beets and goat cheese in large bowl, and toss with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Chill covered for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.