Pulled Pork Sliders with Coleslaw
Makes 24 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 (6-pound) pork shoulder
2 chipotle chiles, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle chiles
1 cup barbeque sauce
24 split dinner rolls
1. Stir all the dry seasonings together in a small bowl. Rub onto all sides of the pork.
2. Place fat side up in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Ladle out the excess liquid and save aside.
4. Shred the pork in the slow cooker dish with two forks. Return about ½ cup of liquid to the pot and set the pot to warm.
5. Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and barbeque sauce.
6. Pile pork onto buns, top with coleslaw and serve.
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon horseradish
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 cups cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ red onion, chopped
1. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and pepper.
2. Pour over shredded cabbage, carrots and onion.
3. Toss to coat, then serve on Pulled Pork Sliders or as a side.