Cheesy Red Potatoes and Bacon
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
6 medium red potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into quarters
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 to 4 green onions, sliced
1 (10-oz.) can Ro-tel tomatoes
1 (8-oz.) bag sharp cheddar cheese
4 to 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy
1. Cut red potatoes into quarters. Put into slow cooker.
2. Brown ground beef on stove-top over medium-high heat. Drain and spoon over potatoes in slow cooker.
3. Top with green onions and Ro-tel tomatoes.
4. Cook on Low 4 to 6 hours.
5. Remove and sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese over all while still hot. Cook 6 to 8 slices of bacon and sprinkle crumbled bacon bits over cooked potatoes