Yields 12 muffins. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ground toasted coconut (optional)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 fresh peaches (2 cups chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and coconut, if desired. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and egg until light yellow. On low speed or stirring, slowly add sour cream and almond extract.
5. Peel and cut the peaches into small pieces. Toss them in the flour mixture.
6. With a spatula, slowly fold in the dry ingredients with peaches one cup at a time to the wet ingredients, fully combining each cup. Batter will be thick and slightly stiff.
7. Fill each muffin cup to the top with batter. These muffins do not rise as much as some other muffin recipes.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. Cool on racks and serve.