Turkey and Wild Pecan Rice Casserole
Serves 6-8. This recipe also is in the “Mercy It’s Good” cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Vollie Lemoine.
1 (7-ounce package) Konriko Wild Pecan Brown Rice, cooked according to package directions
½ onion, chopped
½-2/3 cup chopped pecans
¼ cup butter
6 tablespoons flour
1½-2 cups turkey or chicken broth
1 cup half & half or whole milk
2½ cups diced, cooked turkey
2 tablespoons chopped pimento
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Salt to taste, depending on salt content of ingredients
½ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Pinch of cayenne if desired
Paprika for garnish if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly spray 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In large skillet, sauté onion and nuts in butter until onion is tender.
3. Stir in flour and then slowly add broth and half & half, while stirring.
Continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and fold in turkey, pimento and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon into casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.