Serves 6 to 8. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
¼ cup butter, melted
1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
4 tablespoons butter
1 (24-ounce) jar tomato and basil sauce (I used Bartolli’s)
1/2 (13.25-ounce) package whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked
1. Beat egg and melted butter together and set aside in a bowl.
2. Dredge eggplant pieces through egg-butter mixture and then dredge through bread crumbs. Brown in 4 tablespoons butter on stove top over medium-high heat.
3. Put into slow cooker and top with tomato and basil sauce.
4. Cook on Low 4 to 6 hours.
5. Serve over cooked whole-wheat spaghetti.