Serves 9. Glaser says, “This mixture is also delicious stuffed in bell pepper.”
1/2 lb. ground pork
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onions, or more (both white and green parts)
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 large green eggplant, chopped
1 (10-3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
Creole seasoning, to taste
Crushed Ritz crackers
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet with lid, brown ground pork and ground beef over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
3. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic and cook until vegetables are soft. Add chopped eggplant and soup. Stir. Cover skillet and cook another 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add Creole seasoning and enough crushed crackers to bind the mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into a 9x12-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle top with additional crushed crackers and parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.