Tricia’s Cold Pasta Salad
Makes 12 servings. Recipe is from Tricia Myrick, of Gulfport, Mississippi. Add fresh or sundried tomatoes or summer vegetables to salad, if desired.
16 ounces orzo, vermicelli or pasta shape of your choice, cooked and drained
2 carrots, peeled and grated
½ bell pepper, chopped
1 (2-ounce) jar sliced pimentos, drained
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
½ small purple onion, chopped
½ cup mushrooms, fresh or canned
Add if desired: Raw florets of broccoli or cauliflower
Fresh tomatoes or sundried tomatoes
Grilled chicken or shrimp
Feta cheese on top, if desired
½ cup olive oil
6 tablespoons ranch dressing or mayo
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 tablespoons Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning, or to taste
1. In large salad bowl, add cooked pasta, carrots, bell pepper, pimento, black olives, purple onion and mushrooms. Add other vegetables, if desired.
2. In small separate bowl, whisk olive oil with ranch dressing and fresh lemon juice. Pour over pasta mixture.
3. Add Cavender’s to taste. Stir gently until well mixed.
4. Cooked chicken or shrimp can be added to the pasta or served on the side of the pasta.
5. When completely cooled, place in covered container or large sealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature.