Roast Beef With Mushroom Gravy
4-to 5-lb. boneless rump roast
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbl. Creole seasoning
2 tsps. lemon pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
1 (8-oz.) can mushrooms, stems
and pieces, add more if you desire
3 tbls. freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 small lemons)
4 tbls. Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Trim thick layer of fat from roast. Spray roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Rub roast with garlic and season with Creole seasoning, lemon pepper and black pepper.
3. Brown in hot oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes on each side until medium to dark brown.
4. Remove from oven and cover with lid. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Let roast steam until oven cools.
5. Combine mushrooms, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, but do not boil. Pour over roast, replace lid and bake for approximately 2 hours, or until tender.
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve over rice.