1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 tsps. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, or other favorite spice blend
2-1/2 tsps. olive oil, divided
1 cup onion, chopped (about 1/2 a medium onion)
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 tsp. parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1-1/2 tsps. salt
1-1/4 tsps. garlic, minced
4 cups brown rice, cooked according to package directions (about 1 cup uncooked)
1. Season chicken breasts with seasoning blend, until evenly coated.
2. In a large skillet, add 1-1/2 teaspoons of olive oil and saut? chicken until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
3. Add remaining teaspoon of olive oil to pan with onion and bell pepper and saut? over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes or so.
5. Return chicken to pan along with rice, stirring well to incorporate. Heat through.