Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 5 dozen 2-inch cookies. Recipe is from Corinne Cook.
1½ cups light brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1½ sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal (chewier with old-fashioned oats)
1½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup raisins
1. With mixer beat brown sugar, peanut butter and butter together until creamy.
2. Add water, egg and vanilla extract.
3. In separate bowl combine oatmeal, flour and baking soda. Stir with fork to blend, then add to brown sugar/peanut butter mixture. Blend well. Stir in raisins.
4. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Pinch off batter, roll into 1-inch balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing 1½ -inches apart. Lightly flatten top of each ball with two fingers. Dust fingers with flour if too sticky.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.