Joanie’s Blueberry and Ice Cream Dessert
Serves 6-8. Recipe is from Joanie Bringaze.
1 cup sugar, divided
1 stick butter (8 tbls.)
¾ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
8 ozs. blueberries (about 2 cups)
Ice cream for topping
1. Spray pie plate with nonstick coating and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. With mixer, cream ¾ cup sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg, flour and baking powder. Beat until well combined.
4. Spoon into greased pie plate.
5. Top with blueberries and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup sugar.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is cooked. If top gets too dark, cover lightly with piece of aluminum foil.
7. Serve with scoop of ice cream.