Grilled Pork Chops and Asaparagus With Lemon-Truffle Vinaigrette
1?3 cup lemon juice (about 2 1/2 lemons)
1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream, room temperature
1?3 cup untoasted walnut oil (or olive oil)
1/4 cup truffle-infused oil
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
4 pork chops
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1. Prepare a grill for direct, medium heat.
2. To make the vinaigrette, in a medium bowl whisk together the lemon juice and cream. Slowly add the walnut oil and truffle oil a little at a time, whisking until well incorporated. Continue until all of the oil is whisked in. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside.
3. Lightly brush each pork on both sides with oil. Set aside.
4. Snap or trim off the bottoms of the asparagus spears. Place the asparagus in a zip-close plastic bag and drizzle in just enough olive oil to coat all the spears. Seal the bag and turn to coat evenly. Open the bag and sprinkle liberally with salt, then reseal the bag and turn to coat evenly.
5. Just before grilling, season the pork chops with salt. Using tongs, place the pork and asparagus on the cooking grate directly over the heat. Cook the pork, turning once halfway through, for about 6 minutes. Cook the asparagus, turning to cook evenly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until marked and caramelized. The asparagus should begin to brown in spots, but should not char.
6. Divide the pork and asparagus between 4 serving plates, topping each portion of pork with asparagus. Drizzle both with the lemon-truffle vinaigrette.
Nutrition information per serving: 530 calories; 380 calories from fat (72 percent of total calories); 43 g fat (7 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 90 mg cholesterol; 450 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 3 g sugar; 30 g protein.