Small Blueberry Cake
Makes 1 9x9-inch cake. This was a recipe submitted by Carmen Kundler in “The Best of Louisiana” Louisiana Department of Agriculture & Forestry recipe booklet.
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup milk
1 cup fresh Louisiana blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt butter in a 9x9-inch pan.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar and baking powder.
4. Add milk and stir. Pour over melted butter — do not stir.
5. Evenly pour berries on top.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned. Best when served hot.