Serves 4 to 5.
1 lb. chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 tbls. canola oil
1/4 cup dry sherry, white wine or chicken broth
2 tbls. flour
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves minced garlic
1-1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry. Cut them into pieces and season them with the salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and brown the chicken until it is just cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and pour in the 1/4 cup of the sherry, wine or chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Pour this liquid over the chicken and return the skillet to the stove top.
4. Add in the remaining oil and the flour and sauté 2 to 3 minutes over medium high heat.
5. Stir in the onions and continue to sauté for an additional couple of minutes.
6. Add in the garlic and slowly whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth.
7. Place the browned chicken back into the skillet, reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for an additional 25 minutes.
8. Fold in the sour cream and cook 5 minutes. Sprinkle in chopped fresh parsley and serve over your favorite pasta.