Pollock S’Mores Pie
Makes one 9-inch pie. Recipe is reprinted with permission from “Sweet Envy: Deceptively Easy Desserts, Designed to Steal the Show” by Seton Rossini, The Countryman Press, October 2015.
Graham Cracker Crust
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Pinch of salt
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaping cup of mini marshmallows
3 graham cracker sheets, broken into 1-inch pieces
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine all the Graham Cracker Crust ingredients in a bowl, mixing with a fork until they begin to clump together.
2. Firmly press the crumb mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 5 minutes, then set aside while you make the Chocolate Filling. Keep the oven preheated.
3. In a bowl, combine all the Chocolate Filling ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated and smooth.
4. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is set around the edges and jiggles slightly in the middle. Let pie cool before topping.
5. For Topping: Turn the oven to broil. Sprinkle the marshmallows and graham cracker pieces on top of the pie, then place under the broiler to toast the marshmallows. Watch carefully, this will only take a minute.
6. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. You can also use a kitchen blowtorch to toast the marshmallows.
7. Place the dark and white chocolate in separate bowls. Heat each in the microwave for 20 seconds, then stir, repeating until the chocolate is just about melted.
8. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate all over the pie. (This is the fun part, so go ahead and get creative.) Cool to room temperature or chill before serving.