Makes 6 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Butter or grease a tart pan or pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, mix ½ cup butter and ½ cup sugar.
3. Mix in eggs, almond extract, flour and nutmeg.
4. Press crust evenly into the pan and up the sides.
5. Place the peach slices, slightly overlapping, to cover the entire crust.
6. Whisk together the honey and lemon juice, then pour over the peaches.
7. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.