Olive-Stuffed Goat Cheese Bites
Makes 20-22 appetizer balls. Recipe is by Corinne Cook, who says, “The cheese and the type of olives can easily be adapted to what you prefer. If you don’t like goat cheese, use less of it and more of the cream cheese. Or, use just the cream cheese if you don’t want to mix the cheeses.”
About 20-22 green or black olives, stuffed or unstuffed (your choice)
6 ozs. goat cheese
4 ozs. cream cheese
¾ cup finely chopped toasted pecans, walnuts or pistachios
1. Drain olives, then pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl combine goat cheese and cream cheese. Stir until well blended. Form a rounded teaspoonful of cheese mixture into a ball and place on plate. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes if mixture is very soft.
3. Using your thumb, make an indention about halfway through the center of the ball and place the olive in there. Mold the cheese completely around the olive. Roll back into a ball shape.
4. Place the toasted nuts in center of a dinner plate and roll each ball separately into the nuts to coat the outside of the ball.
5. Place in covered container in refrigerator until ready to serve. These can be made a day ahead of serving. Serve cold.