Fresh Peach and Avocado Salad
Serves 4. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
2 fresh, ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
2 small ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
1-1/2 cups salad greens of your choice (lettuce, spinach, arugula or mix)
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, pecans or walnuts
2 to 3 ozs. cheese for topping (goat, feta, Gorgonzola, blue)
Fruity balsamic or Light Vinaigrette dressing (recipe follows)
1. Peel and slice peaches and avocados. Prepare both at the last minute because they will discolor soon after preparing.
2. Place small bed of salad greens on individual salad plates and arrange peach and avocado slices over it. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over greens and fruit. (See Light Vinaigrette recipe.)
3. Top with toasted nuts and cheese.
Makes 1-1/4 cups. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup red or white wine (Or, I also like it with Marukan Rice Vinegar.)
Pinch of sugar or sugar substitute
3/4 to 1 cup olive oil
1. In 2-cup glass bowl, add Dijon mustard, salt, wine or vinegar and sugar. Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
2. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil in a stream until well blended.
3. The vinaigrette can be stored in a covered jar on the counter in an air-conditioned room for 1 week OR it keeps well in refrigerator for about a month.