Makes about 80 to 100 bars. Gilmore said she found it in a magazine. “Don’t know which one. I copied it at a doctor’s office.”
2 cups plus 2 tbls. flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup blanched, slivered almonds
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
5 large eggs
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, stirred to loosen up
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
Grated zest of one lemon (about 1-1/2 tsps.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick foil.
2. Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, almonds and salt in processor. Pulse to finely grate almonds. While processor is running, add butter and vanilla.
3. Reserve 2/3 cup of crumb mixture. Press rest into bottom of pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, with hands blend rest of flour into reserved crumbs.
5. Combine Filling ingredients and pour over baked crust.
6. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle crumbs over the top and bake 15 minutes more. Optional: Sprinkle a few more sliced almonds over top of filling with the crumbs before baking.
7. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Chill before cutting into bars. Refrigerate until serving. May be frozen.