Italian Shrimp Pasta
Serves 4. Recipe is from “Prime Meridian: A Culinary Tour of a Southern Queen City,” published by the Lamar School patrons adapted by Corinne Cook.
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (6-ounce) jars quartered and marinated artichoke hearts, including the liquid
4 or 5 plum tomatoes, chopped OR 1 (14.5-ounce) peeled, petite diced tomatoes
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
¼ cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced (optional)
¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (8-ounce) pkg. Vermicelli or pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup sliced black olives
1. In large skillet over medium high, heat olive oil and sauté green onions and garlic until onions are wilted and garlic is tender but not browned.
2. Stir in artichokes with the liquid, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine, Italian seasoning, rosemary if desired, salt and peppers.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
5. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
6. Serve shrimp and sauce over cooked pasta.
Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and a few sliced olives.