Barn Burger on Wheat Buns
Yields 8 burgers, about 1/3 pound each. Recipe is by Brenton Day.
2 pounds ground chuck
1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon grilling blend*
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or Colby Jack, if desired
8 whole wheat buns**
1. Combine ground beef and pork.
2. Season and stir until well distributed.
3. Form meat into 1/3-pound patties.
4. Grill over an open flame at medium-high heat until desired doneness, about 160 F, for about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Then move the burgers off the direct heat to melt cheese just before removing the burgers from the grill.
5. Allow the burgers to rest 5 minutes.
*We used Red Stick Spice Company’s Spicy Steak & Chop Blend and Bengal Hickory Blend.
**We used Mainstay burger buns from Our Daily Bread.