The Best Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 80-100 cookies. Recipe is in ‘From The Sugar Bowl,’ submitted by Mrs. Jimmie Weedon. She suggests you use old-fashioned oats.
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups +2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned oats preferred)
2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well.
3. Add salt, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla; blend thoroughly.
4. Add flour, oatmeal and pecans and mix well. Mixture will be very thick.
5. Drop batter by rounded iced teaspoon (I made mine smaller) onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing 1½ inches apart. Do not crowd.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly then finish remove to wire rack to finish cooling.