Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Serves 4-6. Recipe is from Courtney McCullough Moss.
1 gallon size, plastic zippered bag (for easy cleanup)
1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed of bad leaves, patted dry, large ones cut in half
¼ cup olive oil
1?8 cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Use a large pan so that sprouts are not crammed. They crisp better if not crowded.
2. In large, zippered plastic bag, add the washed and dried Brussels sprouts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
3. Add desired amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Seal bag and shake or turn to thoroughly coat all sprouts.
4. Spread Brussels sprouts on lined baking sheet. Try not to cram too tightly.
5. Place, uncovered, on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes, turning once during that time. They will be very dark.
6. If desired, you can sprinkle the Brussels sprouts with Parmesan cheese as soon as they come from the oven.