Yields 1 dozen.
2 cups stone-ground white rice flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and flaked coconut. Mix dry ingredients well and make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, beaten egg, oil and mashed banana.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix only until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 216 calories, 7 grams fat, 0 grams trans fat, 16 milligrams cholesterol, 234 milligrams sodium, 36 grams carbohydrate, 1 grams fiber, 2 grams protein.