1-1/2 lbs. shrimp, shelled and cleaned
Salt, black pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper
6 tbls. butter
2 tbls. olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 or 2 green onions, chopped
2 tbls. white wine
Juice of 1/2 lemon, more if desired
2 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
1 cup raw brown rice, cooked according to directions, or slices of toasted French bread, optional
Paprika, if desired, for color at serving time
1. Prepare shrimp, then season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. In medium skillet, melt butter and add olive oil. Add garlic, green onion and wine. Stir until vegetables are tender.
3. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink.
4. Add lemon juice and chopped parsley. Heat, while stirring and taste for seasoning. Correct if necessary and add more lemon juice or wine if desired.
5. Serve over a small bed of brown rice or with slices of toasted French bread.
6. Sprinkle each serving with shake of paprika if desired.