Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Makes 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
4 large chicken breasts
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon pepper, divided
4 ounces goat cheese, softened
1 small onion, minced
4 cups greens (arugula, spinach, kale or Swiss chard)
½ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons milk
½ cup flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Using a sharp chef’s, boning or filet knife, slice each chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with poultry seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, place the goat cheese, onion, greens, sugar, milk, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Process on the lowest setting just until combined.
4. Spoon about two tablespoons of cheese mixture onto each chicken breast half. Roll the chicken over the stuffing and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour until lightly coated.
6. Heat oil in a heavy skillet and brown each stuffed chicken breast on all sides. Then transfer to an oven safe dish.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove toothpicks. Serve breasts whole or slice on an angle and fan out on dinner plates. Top with White Wine Mushroom Sauce.