Serves 2. Recipe is from Shirley Dittloff.
2 English muffins, split in half
4 slices of good brand hickory-smoked ham
Hollandaise Sauce (see recipe)
1. Toast muffins and place halves on a warm dish.
2. Sauté ham slices and put on top of each half.
3. Crack eggs into hot simmering water in a straight-sided frying pan. It’s important that water is bubbling and will cover eggs. Simmer about four minutes. Eggs are done when white is firm and yolk soft. Quickly remove eggs with a slotted spoon, drain gently and place on top of ham on each ½ portion of toasted English muffin. Top with Hollandaise Sauce.
1 stick salted butter
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
1. Put water in lower half of a double boiler and bring to simmering. As soon as water is boiling, melt 1 stick of butter in the top pot. Working quickly, whisk in one egg yolk until sauce becomes thick.
2. Pour sauce over each muffin half. Serve immediately while warm.