Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 leeks, washed, cut in half, then sliced lengthwise
1 tsp. black pepper
2 (10-3/4-oz.) cans cream of celery soup
1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. dried onion soup mix
3 slices cooked bacon
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 lb. fresh asparagus
1. Pound boneless chicken breasts between 2 sheets wax paper to flatten as much as possible.
2. Wash leeks. Cut each leek in half, saving the green top sections. Slice each bottom half (the white parts) in half lengthwise. Put two of the sliced, white leek sections into each chicken breast and sprinkle with pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpick or food-safe string.
3. Put into slow cooker. Spoon cream of celery soup, mixed with dried onion soup mix, onto chicken. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Cook fresh asparagus on stove top.
5. Lift out chicken breasts with spatula and place on platter. Top with crumbled bacon and feta cheese, positioning asparagus to the side. Garnish with top green halves of leeks.