Serves 8 to 10. Recipe is by Toni Shinabery.
2 cups store-bought salsa (plus more for serving)
2 tbls. dried oregano
2 tbls. chili powder
2 tbls. cocoa powder
1 tsp. Kosher salt
2-1/2 lbs. boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
18 corn tortillas
1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
3/4 cup. sour cream
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine salsa, oregano, chili powder, cocoa powder, Kosher salt, and pork. Turn pork to coat.
2. Cook on Low 7 to 8 hours OR on High 4 to 5 hours.
3. Turn oven to 350 degrees and bake tortillas according to package directions.
4. Remove pork from cooker and shred. Use a slotted spoon and scoop out some of the salsa and liquid. Mix with pork.
5. Assemble tacos and serve with extra salsa, cilantro (or parsley), sour cream, and any other favorite taco toppings with a squeeze of lime.
Note: Resist the urge to lift lid. Each peek can release heat and increase cooking time by 30 minutes.