Peachy Chicken Wings
Makes 18-20 pieces of wings (without tips) or drumettes. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
2 lbs. chicken wings or drumettes
Nonstick cooking spray
2?3 cup peach preserves
3 tbls. packed dark brown sugar
1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
3 dashes of Tabasco hot sauce
2 tbls. white vinegar
1 tbl. soy sauce
2 tsps. cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbls. water
1. Rinse and pat chicken wings or drumettes dry. Set aside while making marinade. Line rimmed baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan, over low heat combine preserves, brown sugar, garlic, salt and Tabasco. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Add cornstarch-water mixture to peach mixture and cook 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. (You will have about 1 cup glaze.)
2. In gallon-size, plastic resealable bag, add the chicken pieces and pour half of the marinade over the wings. Refrigerate for at least an hour; reserve the remaining marinade.
3. Preheat oven to 450 F. Place wings in single layer on foil- lined pan and brush with some of remaining glaze. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Turn wings over, brush with more peach marinade and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
4. To crisp skin: Turn oven temperature to Broil. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until skin is browned and crisp; turn and broil another 2-5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade when you take them from the oven and serve hot.