Pineapple Almond Bars
Makes 8-12 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup dried pineapple, diced
16 ounces white chocolate
½ teaspoon almond extract
1. Toast the almonds in a small skillet over medium-high heat until slightly browned. Remove from heat. Chop almonds into small pieces.
2. Grease candy molds. Sprinkle almond pieces and pineapple bits into the bottom of each mold.
3. Using a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt the white chocolate and almond extract together.
4. Gently spoon the melted chocolate into each mold.
5. Let cool and harden for 2 hours or overnight. Package and give away or serve as dessert.