Bacon BBQ New York Pork Chops
Serves 4. Recipe is from porkbeinspired.com provided by the National Pork Board.
4 New York (top loin) pork chops, 1-inch thick (6-ozs. each)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
½ cup lager beer, OR non-alcoholic beer
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees).
2. Wrap bacon around the edges of the pork chop and secure with a wooden toothpick.
3. In small bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and beer.
4. Grill chops over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees (medium rare) and 160 degrees (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
5. Brush sauce on the chops the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
6. Remove chops from grill and let rest for 3 minutes.
Serve remainder of the sauce at the table.